Cedar roofing and siding have been steadily growing in popularity here in Bergen, NJ. Cedar is one of the oldest and most traditional roofing materials still in use; cedar roofing and siding look clean, handsome, and classic.
In Bergen, your roof, no matter its material, be it common durable asphalt, stately slate, or traditional cedar, is up against the worst of the four seasons.
With that said, the biggest threat to cedar roofing and sidings’ longevity is the weather. Be it the summer sun or a gusty winter storm, in every season, Bergen faces some form of precipitation, and your cedar roof or siding sits in a perpetual state of shifting moisture.
As with all things, if you are looking to keep your cedar roof looking and functioning at peak performance, the best defense is a proactive upkeep plan and maintenance schedule.
Our Cedar Roofing + Siding Cleaning Services:
- Our cedar roof and siding cleaning services start with a detailed assessment.
- We will come out, meet with you, and walk around your property; you can show us areas that concern you then we will review your home and present our findings.
- After any needed repairs are made (typically simple calking and shingle replacement), we will proceed with our cedar roof or siding cleaning and treatment process.
Note: we never use pressure on cedar, and no one should!) our eco-friendly cleaning solution takes half a day to complete, then a full 2-3 days to dry.
- Once dry, we will come back and apply a protective coating (to help create a barrier around your home to keep out unwanted moisture and the mold, mildew, and destructive natural elements that can damage your cedar roof and siding.)
Our cedar roof cleaning and the application of the protective coating significantly enhances the home’s curb appeal. You’ll be surprised by just how good our process is, your cedar roof or siding, or both will regain some of its original luster and youthful hue.
When it comes to having your cedar roofing or siding worked on, you, of course, want to be sure you are working with experts, and no team is more dedicated to modern technology and best practices than our cedar roofing and siding cleaning team. We take the time, do our research, and hire only the most skilled craftsmen.
- Bergen Wash and Seal is committed to ecological solutions for environmental challenges.
- A good cedar roof cleaning can add years to your roof’s life. Of course, a roofing company will say you need a new cedar roof at the first sign of moss or mold – but this is not always true.
A strong roof is a necessity!
A roof replacement is nothing to rush into; a roof cleaning and protective treatment may be all your roof cedar roof and siding need. Having your roof and siding inspected is another step to ensuring that a small problem today won’t become a big problem down the road.
The saying ‘An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.’ Certainly, applies here!
Have questions? Never hesitate to reach out; we would love to hear from you!